Lifestyle Key Protection Insurance
About this document
Please note that this policy summary does not contain the full terms and conditions of the contract of insurance; so please take time to read the policy document to make sure you understand the cover it provides.
This insurance is arranged by: Motorists Insurance Services Ltd with UK General Insurance Limited on behalf of Great Lakes Reinsurance (UK) SE, Registered in England No. SE000083. Registered Office: Plantation Place 30 Fenchurch Street, London, EC3M 3AJ
Great Lakes Reinsurance (UK) SE, is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. This can be checked on the Financial Services Register at www.fca.org.uk/firms/systems-reporting/register or by calling them on 0800 111 6768.
What is covered?
What is covered?
- Pay up to €1500 in respect of locksmiths charges, new locks (if a security risk has arisen) and replacement keys (including any immobiliser, infra-red handset and/or alarm which is integral to any insured key if it cannot be repaired or re-programmed), car hire and onward transport costs and the re-programming of immobilisers, infra-red handsets and alarms which are attached to the insured key(s) at the time of the insured event but are not integral to an insured key.
- Pay a €10 reward to the finder of a lost insured key.
- Provide an emergency helpline 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
SIGNIFICANT EXCLUSIONS & LIMITATIONS
We will not indemnify you in respect of:
- any amount which exceeds £1,500 in total in any one period of insurance;
- sums claimed where you do not produce receipts or invoices for payments you have made;
- insured keys which are lost until 3 days have elapsed since the loss (unless the claims administrator is satisfied that a delay would cause undue hardship or significant expense);
- insured keys lost or broken by, or stolen from, someone other than you;
- insured keys if you have access to duplicate keys;
- any insured event not reported to the claims administrator within 30 days of the accidental loss, theft or accidental damage;
- locks which are damaged prior to the accidental loss, theft or accidental damages of insured keys;
- replacement locks or keys of a higher standard or specification than those replaced;
- sums exceeding £50 per incident in respect of any insured key(s) locked inside a property or broken in a lock or ignition;
- vehicle hire charges where a hire vehicle exceeds 1600cc;
- the balance of vehicle hire charges over a maximum sum of £40 per day.
- vehicle hire charges after the third day of hire;
- charges or costs incurred where the claims administrator arranges for the attendance of a locksmith or other tradesman, agent or representative at a particular location and you fail to attend;
- charges or costs incurred where you make alternative arrangements with a third party after the claims administrator has arranged for a locksmith or other tradesman, agent or representative to attend a particular location;
- the balance of transport costs over a maximum sum of £75 per day;
- loss or destruction of, or damage to, any property other than an insured key and its associated lock or ignition system, and any immobiliser, infra-red handset and/or alarm attached to the insured key;
DURATION OF COVER
12 months from the date of inception of this insurance as detailed on the policy schedule.
Compliance and precautions
You must comply with each and every term of this policy and must take precautions to minimise the cost of any claim.
If you decide that for any reason, this Policy does not meet your insurance needs then please return it to the administrator within 14 days of issues. On the condition that no claims have been made or are pending, we will then refund your premium in full.
Thereafter you may cancel the insurance cover at any time by informing the administrator however no refund of premium will be payable.
The insurer shall not be beyond to accept renewal of any insurance and may at any time cancel any insurance document by sending 14 days notice to you at your last known address. Provided the premium has been paid in full you shall be entitled to a proportionate rebate of premium in respect of the unexpired period showing on the insurance.
It is the intention to give you the best possible service, but if you do not have any questions or concerns about this insurance or the handling of a claim you should follow the proceedure below.
Complaints regarding the sale of your policy should be directed to:
Motorists Insurance Services Ltd,
37 Comber Road,
Telephone: 028 9041 0220
Complaints regarding a claim on your policy should be directed to:
Motorists Insurance Services Ltd,
Telephone: 028 9041 0220
If your complaint cannot be resolved by Motorists Insurance Services Ltd by the end of the next working day, it will be passed to:
The Customer Relations Department,
UK General Insurance Limited, Cast House,
Old Mill Business Park,
Leeds, LS10 1RJ.
Telephone: 0845 2182685.
If it is not possible to reach an agreement, you have the right to make an appeal to the Financial Ombudsman Service. This also applies if you are insured in a business capacity and have an annual turnover of less than €2million and fewer than ten staff. You may contact the Financial Ombudsman Service at: The Financial Ombudsman Service, South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, Docklands, London, E14 9SR. Telephone: 0800 0234567. Email: email@example.com.
Ageas Insurance Limited is covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme, if Ageas Insurance Limits cannot meet its obligations. This depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim. Most insurance contracts are covered for 90% of the claim with no upper limit. You can get more information about compensation scheme arrangements from the FSCS or visit www.fscs.org.uk.
UK GENERAL INSURANCE LTD PRIVACY NOTICE
We are UK General Insurance Ltd, referred to as “we/us/our” in this notice. Our data controller registration number issued by the Information Commissioner’s Officer is Z7739575
This privacy notice is relevant to anyone who uses our services, including policyholders, prospective policyholders, and any other individuals insured under a policy. We refer to these individuals as "you/your” in this notice.
We are dedicated to being transparent about what we do with the information that we collect about you. We process your personal data in accordance with the relevant data protection legislation.
Why do we process your data?
The provision of your personal data is necessary for us to administer your insurance policy and meet our contractual requirements under the policy. You do not have to provide us with your personal data, but we may not be able to proceed appropriately or handle any claims if you decide not to do so.
What information do we collect about you?
Where you have purchased an insurance policy through one of our agents, you will be aware of the information that you gave to them when taking out the insurance. The agent will pass your information to us so that we can administer your insurance policy.
For specific types of insurance policies, for example when offering you a travel insurance policy, we may process some special categories of your personal data, such as information about your health.
We have a legitimate interest to collect this data as we are required to use this information as part of your insurance quotation or insurance policy with us. We may also process the data where it is necessary for a legal obligation, or as part of the establishment or defence of a legal claim.
UK General’s full privacy notice
This notice explains the most important aspects of how we use your data. You can get more information about this by viewing our full privacy notice online at http://ukgeneral.com/privacy-notice [^] or request a copy by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can write to us at: Data Protection, UK General Insurance Ltd, Cast House, Old Mill Business Park, Gibraltar Island Road, Leeds, LS10 1RJ.