Combination GAP Insurance and Motor Legal Expenses Policy Summary
About this document
Please note that this policy summary does not contain the full terms and conditions of the Warranty Guarantee; so please take time to read the policy document to make sure you understand the cover it provides.
Your Gap Insurance is arranged by Lifestyle Insurances with UK General Insurance Limited on behalf of Ageas Insurance Limited.
They are registered in England No.354568. Registered Office: Ageas House, Hampshire Corporate Park, Templars Way, Eastleigh, Hampshire, S053 3YA.
UK General Insurance Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Ageas Insurance Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
This can be checked on the Financial Services Register by visiting the FCA’s website at www.fca.org.uk
What is covered
Lifestyle GAP insurance provides cover against financial loss in the event of your motor insurer declaring your vehicle an insurance total loss. Should your vehicle be declared a motor insurance total loss, this insurance covers the difference between the comprehensive insurance settlement and the purchase price of the insured vehicle as confirmed by the net invoice selling price, or if greater, the amount of your finance agreement early settlement figure.
An integral element of the contract is a Motor Legal Expenses contract which will provide financial assistance to recover your uninsured losses resulting from a road traffic accident in your insured vehicle plus the provision of a replacement vehicle for up to a maximum of 10 days.
The limit of liability payable under this policy is detailed in your policy schedule.
Significant Exclusions & Limitations
- Any vehicle that is not covered by a motor insurance policy for the full duration of the period of insurance.
- In respect of any total loss which is not subject of an indemnity under the accidental damage, fire or theft section of the motor insurance policy or which occurs while the vehicle is being driven or used by a person not covered under the motor insurance policy.
- Where the loss occurred before the period of insurance.
- Vehicles over eight years old at the date of purchase of the policy.
- Vehicles used for hire or reward, public service, competition, rallying or racing.
- Any negative equity carried over from a previous finance agreement.
- Any vehicle, which is left unattended unless all security devices and immobilizer are activated and are in full working order (in addition all doors must be locked and keys removed from the vehicle).
- The Motor Legal Expenses Policy will exclude claims where the incident falls outside of the scope of cover provided by the policy wording or where this is subject to a specific exclusion or limitation.
Duration of cover
36 months from the date of inception of this insurance as detailed on the policy schedule.
We hope you are happy with the cover this policy provides. However, if after reading this document, this insurance does not meet with your requirements, please return it to Lifestyle Insurances Northern Ireland within 30 days of receiving the insurance documents and we will refund your premium in full. Thereafter you may cancel insurance cover at any time and receive a pro rata refund of your premium based on the number of whole months rema